Thursday, April 28, 2005

Laundry, watering the lawn, and reading a book...

Hmmm....just what my soul needed. Solitude is not something I normally seek, but today it just seemed right. I got home at 2pm, started watering one section of the yard, and took at nap. Got up at 3pm, started some laundry, moved the water, and began to finish what I started two months ago - reading Blue Like Jazz. I read and I read and moved my water sprinkler and I read until finally at 6pm I finished this marvelous piece of literature. It was a beautiful way to spend the afternoon. So peaceful. So productive. So reflective.

And for once a dumb idea of mine worked like a charm. Buy a new book that you want to read to motivate you to finish an old one. Strange method, but it worked. Now, onto reading Jesus in the Margins.

1 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

is that a nice book? what is it all about?

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home